Monday, May 10, 2010













I've seen the world, baby!

I did it! I decided that there was a goal within reach for me before Cataclysm changes our world forever.

For those of you that are new to World of Warcraft, there are things called achievements. Some of those achievements are rewarded with a TITLE. What that means is that when others in the game see your name, they also see the TITLE. (If you have it turned on)

For example, (points up) that is a screen shot of Cantique achieving the Title "Explorer". All I had to do was check out each zone in the game. That meant lots of running around on a ground mount, flying where I could (there are fly zones) and sneaking a little bit to check out the other faction areas.

There are lots of titles a toon might have; several of which I will not attempt at this time for various reasons - not enough time, not enough skill, not enough will power!...LOL


Titles fall under several categories: (to check these out further see WoWWiki)


PVP (player vs player)
Reputation
World Events

Argent Tournament
Dungeons and Raids

I have the Title Jenkins. This is in tribute to a very funny video about Leroy Jenkins . (warning - a bit of swearing) I actually never wear this title. It is a surname and for RP reasons I created my own surname. I wish Blizzard would let us give ourselves a surname - sorta like when a hunter has the option to name his hunting companion.

I also have Champion of the Frozen Wastes title. What a mouthful! Some titles are pretty easy to come by, I wasn't even working toward this. What a nice surprise.


My newest title, the Explorer, falls under the category Miscellaneous.

I am in awe of people with some of the titles available, like Loremaster. Those folks had to complete ALL of the Loremaster quests for Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, and Northrend. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone wearing the title the Seeker. (3000 quests completed!)

There are titles for achieving cooking quests, fishing quests, even for simply using the dungeon tool in to finish random heroic dungeons with 50 random players - The Patient title. (A very nice thing is that - after you have done it with 100 random players you earn an in game pet - a nice little pug dog!)

Anyway, I just wanted to share my latest in-game happy, happy, joy, joy moment!

See you guys later!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! New titles - especially when you're not trying for them - are always super shiny.

    I'm especially fun of Merrymaker, of the Nightfall (LIKE A GOTH!) and Chef. I don't know why I like those particularly? They just appeal to me.

    Although since my dorf has taken to going around with Chef people have been making comments about his weight. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Explorer. I used this title on Ekat for a very long time, and it was my favorite until Twilight Vanquisher became mine. There's so many nifty titles that I don't much care that we don't spend time with surnames. I figure for those of us who enjoy RP, we can interject it without having it on the nameplate all the time.

    And the Murloc fish story was way more interesting than anything I've read in a long time. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete